Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Creating a Tag Team

If you are in direct sales, tag teaming with others can be very beneficial to your business. Tag teaming is beneficial in that your prospect can hear from other people and hopefully make a connection.

Talk to your own upline and start with just the two of you. If you have a lead, notify your upline and ask your upline to contact this lead within 24 hours. You're not asking your upline to do the "selling" for you, but rather to support you in letting the lead know there is a second person available for them.

Here's an example. We'll use ME as the lead. You speak to me and I express an interest in your opportunity. Maybe I'm thinking "well gosh this gal is across the country and not my age and not..", but now you have your upline contact me. Your upline lives closer to me, is closer to my age and just by saying hi to me has me saying "yes, I'm going to join". You upline did no "selling", just a nice introduction that lets me know who she is.

Tag teaming can work with downline and crossline but there are rules that need to be established and so to start I recommend going upline for tag teaming. And of course offering your downline the opportunity to have you tag team with them.

Here's an example of a letter I might send to someone my own downline has asked me to tag team for them:

Hi So and So,

My name is Audrey and I'm upline to So and So, whom you spoke to earlier today about selling Tupperware. I wanted to say hi and just introduce myself to you. I'm a mom to two girls. They are 18 and 25. We live in Santa Barbara, which has been home for 15 years.

Outside of working, I have many hobbies/interests. I love to cook, crochet, scrapbook, play hearts and spades, read, workout and just hang out with friends.

If you have any questions about Tupperware, please feel free to contact So and So, or you're welcome to contact me also.

Audrey :)

That's it, just a really simple introduction letter that lets the lead know that there is at least one more person that they'd be working with. In a perfect world it's awesome for the lead to get 2 or 3 emails, all from different people, living in different parts of the country and all with different interests. Depending on your group, if you can go upline 2 people or 3 people, talk to them about tag teaming leads with you. And again, if you have a downline, offer this to them as well.

Audrey :)
http://mytupperware.com/audreyoka

No comments: