Thursday, June 5, 2008

Balancing Business and Children

If you have kids, then you know what it can be like to try and type an email or even answer the phone.

One suggestion is to hire older kids as helpers/playmates for your young kids. When my kids were 3, 4 and 5, they loved having a 9 or 10 year old come and play. This would often give me an hour of working time while the older child played with my kids. You, the adult are there for emergencies and to "supervise" from the other room, but the 10 year old can often play and entertain younger children for an hour.

On the flip side when my own daughter was about 10 she used to "babysit" for a wahm and earned money while playing with the 3 year old. I felt fine as I knew the mom was there. My daughter was not "in charge" but rather the hired playmate. It's a win win for everyone. She loved having the extra money.

Have you ever hired an older child or have your own kids ever been hired?

Audrey :)

http://mytupperware.com/audreyoka

No comments: