Friday, June 20, 2008

Gas, Lattes and Your MLM Business

Jackie Ulmer has written many excellent articles. When I read this one yesterday, I told her just how much I enjoyed it. So I'm sharing it with you:

Gas, Lattes and Your MLM Business

A financial guy on the news yesterday was comparing the cost of gas to the cost of your favorite Latte or coffee drink. His * is that it's still around $56 a gallon for coffee at your favorite coffee place. Gas where I live is about $4.60 a gallon, average and won’t take me very far. That latte costs around $4.00 and gives me a caffeine buzz and then nothing.

My business, however, at about $4.00 a day creates an asset that I can support my entire family on over time. In other words, that $4.00 investment builds and doesn't stop a short time later (unless I stop.) I use $4.00 to include marketing and business costs beyond the Autoship. Determine your own daily amount based on your business.

If you could look into a crystal ball and know that you could be earning a significant, full time income your Network Marketing business, what steps would you take to get there?

If you had the guarantee that if you followed the "roadmap" you would arrive at your goal, would you commit to the process?

The biggest challenge most network marketers make is that we come into this with an "employee mindset." We are used to putting in XX amount of time and getting XX dollars at the end of the pay period.

When you are a business owner, you are not an employee with a guaranteed salary; you are now building an asset that can/will generate income for you for years to come. And, if done right, and income that will grow steadily with no more work involved than what you start with, and in most cases, less.

The secret is in knowing this; committing it to your brain and putting on your blinders to just see the job through. Your company provides the products and a great pay model; your upline leaders who have already traveled the road provide you with a roadmap. Now, it's up to you to provide the daily motivation; thinking power; and dedication to carry on your end of the bargain.

When I started in my first network marketing business, I forgot that "work" was part of the formula. Actually, it was more about taking action and doing SOMETHING to promote my business. I didn't get very far. And, I didn’t give up. That was the one key thing that brought me to where I am today.

Too many people want to get their initial order; read and study the manual; maybe talk to a couple of people and say "Show me the money!" Remember, you are creating an asset and the investment of time that you make in promoting your business will increase the return on investment of your asset.

Shift your thinking to that of business owner and leave behind the employee gig! That doesn't get many of us where we want to be in life. It doesn't give us freedom or control; and certainly not financial security.

Read books by successful business owners or all types. From Robert Kiyosaki to Donald Trump; to Warren Buffet and others. The message is pretty much the same although the method for getting there can vary.

You hold an amazing tool in your hands with your chosen M.L.M. Invest yourself in these tools and assets. Decide what your daily investment of promotion of your business is going to look like.

And, if you must choose between the Latte and your business…well, need I go there?_________________

EXPECT Success! Jackie Ulmer
http://www.streetsmartwealth.com

~ ~ ~
My own thoughts.....

I have a daughter 25 years old. As parents we dont' always get all of it right. However I can always smile when it comes to money. I know I taught her well.

1. she has money in savings
2. she does not live paycheck to paycheck
3. she knows what the word invest means She is always sad when she wants to go do something and she hears "oh I can't do that I don't have money" yet these same friends drink bottled water, smoke, drink etc.

It really is true that folks come up with money for those things they consider important.

Audrey :)
http://mytupperware.com/audreyoka

No comments: